Sunday, March 22, 2009

What It Was Like?

I have a personal interest in this one... :)

How many times have we heard someone get up to the podium and begin their talk with "I'm here to tell you what it was like, what happened and what it is like now."

Arrrrrggggghhhhh!

Playing Big Book thumper - that's not what it says! Dammit...

The book says "Our stories disclose in a general way what we used to be like, what happened, and what we are like now." page 58.

My personal interest? I had the opportunities (more than one) to overhear my then wife on the phone (yes, I was) when she told a caller she "didn't know where it was and it's passed out on the couch." I was also told that one of her answers to a caller was "No, it's not home from work yet."

EGO = Easing God Out

3 comments:

  1. Hello "IT"! Reminiscent of BB p 58, ..."If you have decided you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get "IT"...well, if I can describe to you..."IT", then I am "full of...'IT'"

    A flash of brilliance once zipped through my brain, and said that "IT" had something to do with a Higher Power, etc., etc. Then the flash of brilliance disappeared -grin!
    Steve E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine being referred to as "it" but there is no waste in God's economy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd earned "it" MC. She was well within her rights. I'm sure God knew too :)

    Thankfully, today "it's" different...

    Steve - you've had brilliance disappear? Naaah, lol.

    ReplyDelete