Saturday, March 14, 2009

Stop Doubting The Power

We see and hear reports of those who want to belittle, mock, hate on, and even wish to eradicate that which has saved our lives - Alcoholics Anonymous.

The process for me to come to believe that my recovery was an act of Providence was short. There was no way at all I was about to ever walk into a meeting of AA because I had suddenly decided it was the thing to do. Those who were here before me quickly made this fact of grace clear to me.

Along the way, through the years, I also came to believe that if "God was for me, who could be against me," and "Be still and know He is God."

Situations completely and irrevocably beyond repair were fixed and made whole by what could only be described as a power greater than I or you. Other situations weren't made whole and have remained broken for longer than a decade, became worse despite all efforts yet it also became apparent that these weren't made whole because there was a wisdom behind them that knew it ought not happen - yet.

Therefore, despite what seems to be contrary evidence, there is obviously, to me, a magnificent, loving God who will level the playing field and deploy reality checks for those who need them, by His/Her will. Not on my account because I am frustrated by the brazenness of AA's detractors. This doesn't mean I won't get frustrated often - people do/say some incredibly stupid/arrogant things to diminish that which saves lives, but, today, I am certain beyond doubt that, if the God I understand wants AA to disappear it will be at His hand, not any human hand. And there will be a completely valid reason for it according to His/Her will and wisdom.*

The Daily Reflection for March 15th;

"When we saw others solve their problems by a simple reliance upon the Spirit of the Universe, we had to stop doubting the power of God. Our ideas did not work. But the God idea did."
* I.E. - don't expect it too soon :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mark, Glad to see your blog without ads for drugs, etc. I will link, if you don't mind... but let me know. A link from me brings a whole lot of baggage, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A link from you is very much appreciated! :) Thanks!

    Yes, I know - he's already trying. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I see Mary C is here also! Great! And yep, again this morning I reveived a whole selew of Mickey shit. Fortunately, MAILWASHER lets me "see" before putting on my HD...but he's still a paion in the buttttt!
    Steve E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, my, how appropo' :) - a slew of sh** related to Micky/David/Patrick. Yep, that's the deal!

    ReplyDelete