Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sorry 'Bout Your Luck Micky

Funny - Bill W. actually had you explained to a tee...

And many of us too :)

He kept asking himself: "Why can't the Twelve Steps work to release depression?"

"By the hour, I stared at the St. Francis Prayer... 'It's better to comfort than to be comforted.' Here was the formula, all right. But why didn't it work?


Suddenly I realized what the matter was. My basic flaw had always been dependence - almost absolute dependence - on people or circumstances to supply me with prestige, security, and the like. Failing to get these things according to my perfectionist dreams and specifications, I had fought for them. And when defeat came, so did my depression.


There wasn't a chance of making the outgoing love of St. Francis a workable and joyous way of life until these fatal and almost absolute dependencies were cut away."


Yep, Micky, our ill friend, you are dependent on all of us for your opportunity to force your will onto others - for us to see your evil ways as opposed to the true love of a God we understand who has saved our lives and the lives of millions. But it's not working... sorry 'bout your luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment