Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Show Some Principles - Live Sober


Principles before personalities...

How about leaving the newcomers alone so they can focus on getting sober? You don't have a years worth of patience?

After all, you swore you could stop drinking anytime you wanted to. You had enough will power then!

It is simply my personal opinion, fwiw, but if you can't wait until that person you're so "in love" with gets sober then you really don't love them like you say you do. Your motive, your personal agenda comes first and you are a selfish, self-centered a**!

Living sober means showing respect for the welfare of others.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark. I don't know what brought this on (your blog topic. However, I'm going to use it right away--like this morning. No, not at my house, but with a guy I sponsor, who has a newly-sobering wife.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time and accumulation... brought it on. With the help of my sponsor and some oldtimers who taught me about a respectable way to live.

    "If I want respect - do respectable things."

    And... always... the Golden Rule.

    Thx for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete