Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just Renting

When I expressed a thought that the oldtimers knew related to my possessiveness, they told me I was only renting the space I took up on this planet. Therefore, what I thought I "owned" really wasn't mine in the first place. What I feared I might lose wasn't mine in the first place. What I feared I wouldn't get wasn't mine to begin with.

Strangely enough, for me, it dawned on me one day that the wife and kids weren't mine to possess. Might have been that day when the judge declared the divorce final... thankfully, I don't understand the thinking of men who think that they can somehow countermand the judge through efforts at control.

Today's Daily Reflection explains it well;

"I no longer work for myself. I only get the use of the wealth God created, I have never 'owned' it. My life's purpose is much clearer when I just work to help, not to possess."

1 comment:

  1. Great philosophy. Thank you, Mark W. My first meeting every day is a "Daily Reflections"--we read it and comment.

    Seemed as if the next two meetings were also on closely related topics. I believe just about everyone reads the Daily Reflections.

    Thanks for your posts...and your comments on "another sober...."
    Steve E.

    ReplyDelete