Monday, March 30, 2009

Short On Thoughts?

Sometimes...

District meeting tomorrow, Tues. I count myself fortunate to be the GSR for my home group. It is an honor.

Continue to have strong feelings behind which there is anger. The shortcoming behind the anger is understood. I'm not unlike others who do what I am doing - finding comfort in the anger. It is old, familiar territory. Yet...

Yesterday when I attempted to make a request of someone sharing in a meeting in an inappropriate manner to cut their sharing short and show some respect for others - receiving a threat upon my personal well-being in return, I did not "rise" to the occasion. Those who know me saw the telltale signs but admired my lack of need to engage. I am grateful to my God these things have changed.

Yes, we do ban folks from our AA clubhouse.

Gratitude - a plethora of newcomers to the noon meeting who sound exactly like I did once and offer so many opportunities to practice these principles.

I passionately love sobriety.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, we do ban folks from our AA clubhouse.
    BRAVO!
    I did not "rise" to the occasion.
    BRAVO

    Shit, I could even grow to like you, Bro...
    Steve E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... thank you, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ex-husband used to say "if you can stay sober in AA, you can stay sober anywhere." It doesn't make sense, except it does.

    ReplyDelete