Saturday, March 28, 2009

Superman's Cape

That's what I thought I was wearing when I was drinking...

Impenetrable, Impervious, a Man of Steel. And besides, it was always someone else who experienced the bad things.

I Nevers. Had tons of those. Amazingly, many still have "I Nevers." And they spew them in meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous.

I learned from my friend Ronnie that there was one thing worse than a;

YET

and that was an;

AGAIN

Blah, blah, blah - I never had a DUI. Yeah - YET! Sure wouldn't want anymore DUI's AGAIN!

DUI's and a few other things...

[I'm sure that Superman logo is copyrighted by Marvel Comics but I hope they don't mind me using it]

6 comments:

  1. You thought you were Superman. I WAS Superman. I sure got beat up enough times to prove it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I found you again.
    Your URL (the link from my blog) took me to another site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry dAAve - knew I missed someone, sorry it was you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah heck Steve, I'm still gettin' "beat up" ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark W, everyone here (well, the "important" people-grin!) know you from the past, but I do not, being new since last summer. So, I'm asking which one are you--in the photo? I'm guessing, the guy with the red cap sporting the letter "S"...for Superman?

    Please answer when ya get around to it, maybe next blog or two? I have a bet riding on this. I bet myself a case of Giant HERSHEY BARS...that I'm correct. If I'm wrong, I still win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You win - you're right - I'm him, lol - the "S" actually has an "N" and a "C" in the middle - for N.C. State, my alma mater.

    Gooooo Wolfpack... oops, they're already gone as usual :(

    I had a 10lb Hershey bar once...

    The other knucklehead is my best friend and roommate - he's Georgia Tech - hah!

    ReplyDelete