Friday, March 27, 2009

Come Down Off The Cross

I want soooo badly to tell my friend with 27 years to come down off the cross we need the wood.

She won't listen to anything. Nothing. She is the victim and he is wrong no matter what he does. He's a newcomer again. He's actually doing things differently this time. But it doesn't matter.

Family counseling? Nah... she said he didn't suggest it, but he did! They can get it free for the next year. She made one session and quit. Two months ago. Two days ago it was him who didn't suggest it! She's wrong! She doesn't want to hear it.

She complains that he isn't making enough meetings. She complained about another friend who, for a time, didn't make many meetings. Now they're both making more meetings than she is!

He ran up the credit cards! Well, somehow her part in that has been forgotten.

Oy Vey! I get to be the sounding board... Ya' know God, I didn't bargain for this when you got me sober. Being in the middle isn't any fun at all. My boss wants me to put in a fair days work instead of spending that much time on the phone with you two...

Grow up!

Come Down Off The Cross!!!

2 comments:

  1. We do what we can to help the fellow alcoholic who is still suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clarify please Steve... I'm darn well trying and she won't listen - at all!

    ReplyDelete