Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Recovery Won't Be Silenced

Not by b5media or anyone else...

As long as I can see my computer screen, as long as I can type without excruciating pain, as long as I can keep what's left of my mind together sufficiently to create a worthwhile recovery resource, I'll keep writing.

I didn't write A Dozen Steps for the money. I wrote it for the passion, for the opportunity to present recovery resources to those who wanted them. I wrote it to work the Twelfth Step.

I'm not thoroughly disgusted with certain individuals because I cannot continue to write there. I can move on.

I am disgusted with certain individuals because I will never forget the disrespectful, totally inconsiderate, dehumanizing manner in which I was diminished. To be politically correct, I'm sure they'll hide behind a "contract" written in "human" terms and the provision they enacted to sh** all over me. But that will never work in the real world.

If you can't bring yourself to offer a common decency with simple respect enough to give small advanced notice to someone who poured their guts out on their blog for three years, then you are not a decent human being. And, if, or when, (very doubtful) you offer the fact that you're sorry, I want the world to know that, indeed, that is most true - you are definitely sorry!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what happened, but I suspect you may have been by our friend from down under.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dAAve - no, my contract with b5 (bs) media was unconditionally terminated without any warning whatsoever. A Dozen Steps was eliminated from their blog stable. No warning, no discussion, no common decency at all - just "it's done, see ya', thanks for your hard work but bye-bye."

    Our friend from down under has been by and I've left him a note. He's not getting his comments published and that's that. :)

    ReplyDelete