Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Who's Suffering?

Continuing to follow through on yesterday...
"If we lean too heavily on people, they will sooner or later fail us, for they are human, too, and cannot possibly meet our incessant demands."
Oh yes, we are constantly demanding in one form or another...
"In this way our insecurity grows and festers. When we habitually try to manipulate others to our own willful desires, they revolt, and resist us heavily."
Yes, manipulation became a habit even if we don't want to admit it...
"Then we develop hurt feelings, a sense of persecution, and a desire to retaliate. As we redouble our efforts at control, and continue to fail, our suffering becomes acute and constant."
Again, we have placed ourselves in a position to be hurt by our words and deeds. Plus, we go whining and blaming others for our sorry situations. "Poor me, poor me, pour me a drink." We're right back where we began...

2 comments:

  1. Pretty basic stuff...but then, I must hear the "basic stuff" over and over and over and over......ad infinatum

    Yes, I've already been to hell. God let me see it, feel it, live in it, so that I'll never wish to return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya'll got ta' visit my other blog - "Advanced AA and Recovery - Psychobabble International" where I repeat what I hear in yet another First Step meeting...

    :)

    ReplyDelete