Monday, April 13, 2009

4th Step Resentment Prayer

Cool - I joined Facebook this weekend and have already discovered something of value there to pass on here...

Dave M. writes (or copies and pastes, I can't tell);

4th Step Resentment Prayer
"God, Please help me to be free of anger and to see that the world and its people have dominated me. Show me that the wrong-doing of others, fancied or real, has the power to actually kill me. Help me to master my resentments by understanding that the people who wrong me were perhaps spiritually sick. Please help me show those I resent the same Tolerance, Pity and Patience that I would cheerfully grant a sick friend. Help me to see that this is a sick man. Father, please show me how I can be helpful to him and save me from being angry. Lord, help me to avoid retaliation or argument. I know I can’t be helpful to all people, but at least show me how to take a kindly and tolerant view of each and every one. Thy will be done."
This has been derived from pages 66 and 67 in the Big Blue Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment