Monday, April 20, 2009

Some of My Best Friends Are...

IMPO - this can sometimes be the beginning of a statement that may have some prejudice behind it. I'm using it anyway :)

I imagine there will always be some level of discussion within the rooms of AA over addicts in meetings. Some of my best friends are recovering drug addicts!

There, I said it...

Now, I passionately believe in singleness of purpose. And I believe in suggesting to our legal system they use more common sense when they mandate folks to AA. I also feel NA comes on a bit harshly when dealing with alkies in NA meetings.

Hey, I can have opinions and feelings galore - and what difference would they make? Why? Because we've already dealt with this within our literature. This certainly appears to be a solution that works under any and all circumstances;

"What would the Master do?"

Kudos to those who know where this originates...

4 comments:

  1. Something to do with AA history, about letting someone join who had a 'stigma' attached to his belief, color, or choice of sexual preference. They decided to go with what the Master would do, and AA was rewarded big-time. That's only my recollection, not AA dogma -grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm - almost Steve :) Verrry close. True itself but incomplete... try the 12&12.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.142.
    But I think the pamphlet "problems other than alcohol" clarify that little sound bite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to MC! Thanks Mary Christine - I think that info is important enough I just put a link to that pamphlet in the sidebar. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete