Monday, April 26, 2010

Patience

Once in a while I have a bit of a challenge with patience. Like now :)

So, I'll look at the positive and continue on with the work I've been given which allows me to take care of my responsibility to my ex and our children. Though I doubt that's the way they perceive it.

6 weeks. In 6 weeks I'll be free. 100%! Every last payment on the support will have been made. In full.

Then the dentist and I will get to know each other much better... AND I'll be playing more golf. And someone will think that selfish.

I'll be grateful. Patience is worth it. I am worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Of all the things I have done in my life, paying off every cent of my child support might be one of my happiest accomplishments. Amazing that it is nearly 10 years ago now. I thought it would never end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen you mention it before and every time a woman mentions paying child support, I think about how I was treated during "that" time and I am amazed that any woman ever has to pay child support. If any woman wants to NOT pay child support go back to New York, more specifically Suffolk County, from the mid- 1990's, and bring your case to their Family Court. Trust me, the male will have to pay, not you! (Yep, it still angers me the way I was treated.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta make myself more clear than that - I think the whole concept of child support is terrible. It labels parents - defendant, custodial, non-custodial, dead-beat and so many others. It sterilizes the parent/child relationship and it's done by a court which I also think is bad enough. And nothing is ever allowed or spoken about that a person can change for the better. It's always one or the other is a bad guy. It's a crappy way to screw up relationships worse than they were - imo.

    ReplyDelete